Saturday night Jess, Jared, Josh and I were trying to get Reagan ready for bed. I say trying because it turned into a huge pillow fight (with only one pillow) and wrestling match. Reagan was so happy to have "everybody" playing in her room that she wouldn't let any of us leave the room. She wanted Jessica to sleep with her on the toddler bed. Filling just a little claustrophobic I walked next door to Jess's old bedroom. I saw two dolls in the closest. Jessica and I each had a porcelain doll that my mom had made little versions of our baptism dresses for. I thought that it was time they came home with us. I'm not even really sure why they were still there. So I grabbed them and went to show Jessica. Of course Reagan fell in love with our dolls. We tried to explain that these were our "very special dolls".
When it was time for us to go home we said our goodbyes. It was then that we realized that Reagan wanted to keep our "very special dolls". We pried them from her arms and she went outside screaming after us (at 11:30 at night). We of course we heart broken but Dad assured us that he could get her calmed down.
As we were driving away we couldn't help but keep thinking of the poor crying baby who's heart we had just broken. So what are her two sisters and brother-in-law to do? Make a dash into Wal-Mart, get her her own doll and rush it back to her. So that is what we did. We picked out a Bell doll. (BTW there are some very ugly dolls out there!) And took in back to my Dad's house a little after midnight.
Nothing made us happier that day then giving her that doll. My Dad let me know today that she loved it. And I'm so glad. Every little Dolly girl should have a very special doll!

2 comments:
Don't you just want to give them everything?!
Reagan is one lucky, very spoiled baby girl to have some many siblings who like giving her things instead of taking them away and hitting her with them (except pillows, that is).
hey thanks for following our blog i feel so special!!! i'm adding you to ours - glad you have one too so we can keep in touch :) we'll have to get together again soon.
Post a Comment