So however you want to say it we are "back on the wagon" again. Last Thursday we started a new diet. I'd say we are officially yo-yo dieters. It's OK I know it's true.
The plan we picked for now is The Glycemic Impact Diet. On this diet you get for your blood sugar. The wierd thing about this diet is that you eat within an hour of waking and an hour of going to sleep. It's basically the same well balanced diet as we try and eat. Good carbs, lean protein, fruits and veggies. 3 meals and 2 snacks.
Here is my cycle.
-Start a new diet. Love dieting...for about 6 weeks.
-Then I get bored start "just doing what I know I can do" (try to eat healthy without a plan) .
-Then a few weeks/months down the road realize that I have to have a plan. Just "trying" isn't getting me anywhere.
-Look for a new plan and start the whole cycle over again.
I have a theory. To lose massive amounts of weight you just have to be on a diet. It doesn't really matter what the diet is so much. We have lost weight on a variety of different programs. It just has to be a plan of some sort.
So what is our plan this time. I joined e-diets. E-diets is cool because they have like 21 different programs that you can switch between at anytime. This means maybe we won't get bored. They have meal plans, grocery lists, exercise programs, message boards, a mentor that can email, call, chat with you to help you get going and stay motivated among other things. The cost is just $17.99 a month. (I'd pay quite a bit to have someone tell me what to buy and eat.)
The plan we picked for now is The Glycemic Impact Diet. On this diet you get for your blood sugar. The wierd thing about this diet is that you eat within an hour of waking and an hour of going to sleep. It's basically the same well balanced diet as we try and eat. Good carbs, lean protein, fruits and veggies. 3 meals and 2 snacks. So in the 6 days since we have been on it we have 3 fathers day celebrations...not the best time to try and start a diet but we did alright. We have both already noticed some weight loss. So now of course we need to get to the gym better....
1 comment:
At least you keep getting back on. The day you fall off and don't get back on is the day you fail at dieting.
Going to the gym helps me only cause I know I worked so hard there that it makes me only want to eat good stuff. Who wants to work extra hard because they ate a doughnut? Not me!
Post a Comment