Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vacation.

I have been on a vacation. (And not just from blogging (I'll get you caught up soon enough).)

My last day of work was on Thursday. (My job is seasonal and I get laid off in Nov. every year and then brought back in March-ish.) We had a very long hard year this year, and I can say that I am glad to be done for the year. I'm sure I'll miss it soon enough. But for this week and next I will just be glad to be done and take it easy. Sure I'll probably deep clean my house and get ready to get Christmas up (can you even believe it!). As you can see I already over hauled my blog for the holidays. And I am looking forward to doing the same for the house. Although I am in no way ready for Christmas to be upon us.

So back to the vacation. I was done with work and Josh had tons of vacation that he had to use up before the end of the year. So he took a little over a week off. So last Friday we loaded up the car (and I do mean loaded, apparently I don't travel well) and we headed off.First stop was in Provo. Not much different from our bi-weekly trip except this time we stayed the night and had pancakes with my dad and Ms. Reagan. We also took her three Barbies that Josh found (still in boxes!). She loved them!
Then on Saturday we headed down to Manti for our good friend's (Melinda) little girl's (Madison) 5th birthday party. Madison is of course into all things High School Musical and Hannah Montana so we got a bit of an education in order to buy her a gift. After the party Josh and Melinda went 4 wheeling a while while I played with Madison. Then we went bowling in Ephriam where you have to keep your own score! Then we went back to our motel room and hung out with Melinda. It was good to see them as it had been WAY to long.
Sunday morning (ok more like afternoon...) we loaded up the car again and went to Mesquite. Why did we go to Mesquite? I still haven't quite figured that out. Just because. So we just relaxed mostly in Mesquite. Ate at buffets, played some penny slots, and slept in. Then Tuesday we came home.

Now the great thing is that we still have the rest of the week and the whole weekend before Josh has to go back to work. So we are still on vacation. Hopefully we can do a few more fun things with our time.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you guys came to Manti to "play" for a bit! It was so nice to be able to hang, talk and laugh with you guys again. :) Miss you guys already!